Volunteers are the life blood of DEKA and without them we would not be able to put on these amazing events. We are always looking for volunteers at our events and we have many shifts that will allow you to volunteer and compete on the same day!
- DEKA volunteers will earn a free race code valid for any DEKA or Spartan Sprint (including Stadion and City), Super, or Ultra Event.
- Shifts can be found on the bottom of the event page
- You will be able to compete the same day you volunteer.
- Codes can be gifted to friend and family.
- Are you a go getter and want to see all of the zones and the rules in action? Get certified before your shift here: DEKA OFFICIAL CERTIFICATION (Note this step is not required but will make your event day experience that much better!)
- Be vocal, stay positive and encourage the competitor
- Know the rules of the zone you're stationed at, and the flow of the race
- Ask questions! If you are unsure of something ask your zone leader.
- Physically assist any competitors
- Assume the racers know what to do (including the Elites)
- Play or demonstrate on the obstacles at any time